Google Search
***FREE UTSC Tax Clinic for all Undergraduate Students in the Meeting Place!***

SCSU Tax Clinic poster

Did you know that all domestic and international students at UofT Scarborough MUST file their taxes annually with the Canadian Government to receive eligible refunds and credits?

Don’t know how to file your Canadian Income tax Return? No problem, the Scarborough Campus Students’ Union (SCSU) will be hosting FREE tax clinics to help you 1:1 with tax filing from February 27 – March 9, 2012 in the Meeting Place.

Dates: daily from February 27 – March 9, 2012
Time: 11am-5pm daily (open until 7pm on Wednesdays)
*First-come first-served (please allow for 45mins to 1 hour per tax year)
Location: Meeting Place, UofT Scarborough
Cost $: FREE for all UTSC undergraduate students

-University of Toronto student T-Card (with approximately $3.00 on it for printing your tax return)
-Passport *only required for International Students at UTSC
-Individual Tax Number (ITN) letter or Social Insurance Number (SIN) card (NOTE: If you do not have a SIN card or ITN, please contact the ISC for assistance)
-Direct Deposit Information or VOID Cheque (information required from your financial institution: Account #, Branch #, & Institution #), necessary to set-up direct deposit of your tax refund
-A Canadian address where your tax letters can be mailed back to you during Summer 2012. (NOTE: If you will be leaving Canada for the summer 2012 for vacation, please make alternative arrangements to secure a local mailing address (examples: friend or family member’s address, Canada Post mail box rental, etc.)
-Rental receipts for any off-campus housing or a copy of cancelled/returned cheques/money orders/bank drafts you used to pay your landlord (NOTE: students living on-campus in UTSC’s Residence do not require any receipts)
-T2202A – 2011 Tuition, Education and Textbook Amounts Certificate Form (can be printed from ROSI under “tax forms”)
-T5 Slips – Mailed in January-early March 2012 directly to you by your Canadian financial institution if you have a high interest bank account, GIC and/or investment (contact your financial institution for details)
-TTC Monthly Passes, TTC Weekly Passes, or Go Transit Monthly Passes and receipts of purchase
-T4 Slip (if you were employed and paid in Canada during the tax year of 2011)
-Any receipts of charitable donations you made
-2010 Notice of Assessment (if you filed your income tax return last year)
-Your CRA Netfile Access Code - if you have previously filed your taxes before and are eligible to file your tax return electronically.

© University of Toronto Scarborough